The year 2020 is one for the record books. We've seen your Herculean efforts to take all your classes online in a short amount of time. We've stood with you as your workloads have increased, expectations have changed, and education has been redesigned from the ground up. We hear you. We recognize your challenges.
As we reflect on what we’ve learned along with you, we want to make 2021 a year that brings you a better experience with Canvas. Our focus is on you and improving what you need to make your educational goals a reality. You are the health of our organization. You are the reason we are here.
One of our biggest challenges has been how to scale along with the demand for additional resources and support. We know you value getting answers when you need them.
In 2021, we're committed to improving your technology-driven experience. We're fine-tuning our teams to become more efficient and scale to better support you. We also want to empower you to get what you need when you need it.
Here's a breakdown of the product updates we made last year.
And here are some of the changes and improvements you’ll see this year:
- Redesigned Community for more intuitive navigation—learn how to use Community resources with live Community walkthrough tutorials (yes, they’ll all be recorded!)
- Improved interaction with Community feature groups and users
- Simplified Canvas release and deploy notes process
- Product updates by user roles directly in the Canvas interface
- Using additional data from Support and Customer Success Managers to better predict where to focus our resources and address market-specific needs
- Improved self-service opportunities for product support
- A partnerships portal directly in the Community for direct customer interaction with third-party vendors
Stay tuned for official announcements about these changes, specifically within the Community’s Canvas TL;DR blog.
Ultimately, our relationships with you won’t change. We believe in maintaining and building our relationships with you, our Canvas family. Please let us know how we're doing.
Melissa Loble, Chief Customer Experience Officer