CanvasCon Online is almost upon us! We're getting excited for all the professional learning, connections, and reconnections, and we hope you are too. We have a stellar lineup of breakout sessions, both on demand and live. Here's what to expect from the live-session experience.
K–12 Live Sessions
After the live keynotes end, navigate to the Product & Partner Hall and hit the Live Sessions tab. There you'll find the Canvas K–12 Live Sessions booth. Head on in! (If you haven't yet created a profile, you'll be prompted to do so in order to interact with your fellow CanvasCon-goers.) In the booth, there will be several virtual tables, where the following live sessions will take place:
Schedule & Topics
- 12:30 p.m.: Trenton Goble, VP of K–12 Strategy, will host a Q&A. A passionate educator (teacher, principal, district administrator), he’ll lead the session as a followup to his keynote session discussing the challenges facing K–12 and how Canvas is supporting educators to make learning personal for every child.
- 1:00 p.m: Join Steve Daly, Instructure’s CEO, for a moderated live Q&A focused on K–12. Hosted by Jenn Mitchell, Director of K–12 Product Marketing.
- 1:30 p.m.: Dean Wilson from our client services team will speak on data collectors vs. data users and moving beyond the basics of talking about data to acting on data. This interactive experience will help participants become more aware of their own data use, through self reflection and protocols.
- 2:00 p.m.: Our sales team will lead a customer panel on how to help students succeed with distance learning. Hosted by Mark Boothe, Director of Customer and Social Marketing.
All four live sessions will be 30 minutes long and will occur at the above times in Mountain Daylight Time, Australian Eastern Standard Time, and British Summer Time. At 2:20 p.m. MDT, AEST, and BST, we'll open up the on-demand breakouts for you to view.
Higher Ed Live Sessions
After the live keynotes wrap up, head to the Product & Partner Hall and navigate to "Live Sessions," where you'll find the Canvas HE Live Sessions booth. Go on in, and if you haven’t yet, create a profile so you can interact with the Canvas team and other attendees. In the booth, you'll see several virtual tables, where the following live sessions will happen:
Schedule & Topics
- 12:30 p.m.: Join Steve Daly, Instructure’s CEO, for a moderated live Q&A focused on higher education. Hosted by Ryan Lufkin, Sr. Director HE Product Marketing.
- 1:00 p.m: Our sales team will lead roundtable discussions on accessibility, data, blended learning, instructional design, student success, online learning, video learning, implementation, training, and general Canvas Q&A.
- 1:40 p.m.: Jared Stein, VP of Higher Ed Strategy, and Melissa Loble, Chief Customer Experience Officer, will host a Q&A followup to their keynote sessions covering the challenges facing higher education and how Canvas is working with customers and the community to shape the future of education.
- 2:10 p.m.: Our sales team will lead another session of roundtable discussions.
All four live sessions will be 30 minutes long and will occur at the above times in Mountain Daylight Time, Australian Eastern Standard Time, and British Summer Time. At 2:20 p.m. MDT, AEST, and BST, the on-demand breakout sessions will be available to watch.
Registration for the event closes October 9th! Visit canvascon.com to register or to get more information about the agenda and speakers. We can't wait to see you there!