1. Eligibility: The Confetti Moments Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to teachers who and employed in an accredited school in the United States, the United Kingdom or Australia (the “Contest Regions”), students who are enrolled in an accredited school in one of the Contest Regions or parents of such students. Employees of Instructure, Inc. and their respective related companies, agents, subcontractors and suppliers, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Sponsor: Instructure, Inc., 6330 South 3000 East, Suite 700, Salt Lake City, Utah 84121.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding.
4. Timing: The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”), February 13, 2023 and ends at 5:00 p.m. MT, April 14, 2023 (the “Contest Period”).
5. How to Enter: At any time during the Contest Period, enter by posting a short video, photo, or description of your education-related confetti moment with the hashtag #ConfettiWithCanvas to Twitter or Instagram or on Canvas by Instructure’s Facebook page. One entry per Entrant.
For all entries: Use of any automated system to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification. All entries, for the purposes of prize awards, will be ineligible once the promotion period for which their entry is valid, concludes.
ACCOUNT CHANGE POLICY: Sponsor is not responsible if Entrant’s account on the video platform used by Entrant to enter the Contest changes over any part of the promotion period.
6. Winner Selection:
Winners will be chosen by a group of Sponsor employees. Entries are judged on the emotional impact the confetti moment had on the teacher, student, or parent as well as the level of creativity used in capturing the moment via video, photo or text. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration of the Contest and the selection of potential winners are final. Winners will be notified by April 28, 2023, via social media direct message.
Winners will have 10 calendar days from the time of notification to claim their prize. Entrants selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
If timely claimed, Sponsor will award 3 prizes. First place will receive an iPad Pro (12.9 inch/128gb) and certain Instructure promotional products (“Swag”). Second place will receive a $100 Amazon gift card and Swag. Third place will receive a $50 Amazon gift card and Swag. No substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute any prize or combination of prizes with another prize of greater or equal value.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, by entering the Contest as described in the “How to Enter” section above, Entrants agree to have their contest entry along with their name and location published on the Instructure, Inc. website and used in other Instructure promotional materials.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release: By entering this Contest, Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless, Sponsor and each of its related companies, their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize.
11. Limitations of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest, including without limitation inaccurate transcription of entry information; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to Entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or accessing or downloading information or materials connected with this Contest.
12. Dispute Resolution: Entrant agrees that: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsor and its agencies, shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Utah without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Utah. Entrant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Contest, or awarding of the prizes, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the County of Salt Lake in the State of Utah and Entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Contest, Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or awarding of the prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.