This has been a year unlike any other for the world’s educators. They already have one of the hardest jobs on the planet, but this year our educators blazed new trails -- revamping the way they teach, learning new technology and tools on the fly, keeping students engaged both near and far, and generally just being all around rockstars.
As we reach the end of this very special school year, it's time to recognise those very special educators who are shaping the next generation of students and positively impacting their lives.
We want to hear from you—submit a nomination today! Here’s everything you need to know to nominate your favourite educator.
Instructure is accepting award nominations from 8:00 a.m. BST on 21 June, 2021 through 5:00 p.m. BST on 31 August, 2021, or until 50 nominations are received, whichever comes first. One winning educator will be selected from each category and notified in September 2021.
Each winner will receive:
- Recognition at InstructureCon 2021 (October 7, 2021)
- Amazing Instructure swag that you know and love
- Inclusion in a company press release, Instructure blog, and social channels
- The warm glow of victory and confirmation of awesomeness
Nominations will be judged on the following criteria:
- How does this educator redefine traditional classroom activities to help students meet their academic goals? Share examples of how they went above and beyond in adapting to hybrid and remote teaching, and/or embraced technology in the classroom in new and exciting ways. (50%)
- How does this educator's classroom experience support inclusion and improve achievement for at-risk populations? (25%)
- How does this educator inspire students, spark curiosity, and support student growth and achievement? Provide specific examples of results. (25%)
One winning educator will be selected from each category:
- Teacher or Lecturer
- Teaching Support
- Instructional Designer
- Other (other HE Education roles)